Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mind Over Matter

So stress is the last thing anyone wants. Somehow lately thats all I get, so finding a way to get rid of it has been my goal lately.

So when I am feeling like my head is ready to blow up, first thing I think is just take it day by day. Stress leads to stress. The more pressure you put on it, at least in my mind, the worse it is and the more I think about it.

Secondly working out. I guess that should be first. Sometimes, its the last thing you want to do when you are ready to split. The best thing about it, though, is that it always makes me feel better. Not only for the fact that exercise releases those AMAZING stress relieving endorphens, but also its a distraction. When I am on a treadmill, the last thing on my mind is that  bill I have to pay.

I get the best workouts when I am pissed off. I take out all of my frustrations out on those weights. Every lift, or push, is proof that I am where I need to be. Every hit to the punching bag is, knockout to that jerk who cut me off, or that guy who said one thing and did the other. I like to think of myself as an overall happy person, and I think this is why. I take my frustrations out when I chose to. I chose to turn my frustrations into something positive. A harder, more productive workout.


Your body only does what your brain tells it to. So really, the only thing to consider isn't the burning in your legs, or the hard breathes you are taking. Its, how much do I want this. Tell your body to go out and kick some ass and I will do the same. In the end whether my goal was weight loss, looks, health or just to get out off the house. For some reason after a good workout I just feel happy. I guess really, happiness, is the best goal to shoot for.

No comments:

Post a Comment